What we are looking for
As a Backend Engineer at Reinfer, you’ll become a core member of the engineering team, building a scalable, highly available and secure Machine Learning platform. We’re looking for someone who’s a hacker at heart, loves programming and can learn quickly and adapt to changing requirements. Beyond that you need to be kind, courteous, motivated, self-starting, honest and responsible.
What you'd be doing
As part of the engineering team, you'll be responsible for building and maintaining our backend microservices, including the public-facing API, data-aggregation and real-time processing pipelines. The stack is written in Python with a sprinkle of Rust, and runs in Docker, orchestrated by Kubernetes.
Skills and experience
- Python development experience
- Working knowledge of GNU/Linux
- Experience with service oriented software architecture
- Experience with high-availability, compute intensive distributed applications
- Have used “Infrastructure as a Service” (e.g. Google Cloud, AWS)
- Containers (Docker, CoreOS etc.) and orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes/Mesos)
- Distributed data storage (e.g. RethinkDB, ElasticSearch) and SQL