We’re looking for our first product designer who can balance strong user experience (UX) design with a good sense of visual design.
As the Lead Product Designer at Re:infer, your main responsibility is to make our product intuitive, frictionless and delightful to use. This is a lead role reporting directly to the CTO to work exclusively on our product, not on marketing content.
We are a product-driven team working on making human conversations understandable at scale and actionable to machines. We empower non-technical users to train state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms to interpret business communications to understand service tasks.
What you'll do
- You will work on our web-based platform (SaaS; only targeting desktop computers)
- Your main responsibility is to make our product intuitive, frictionless and delightful to use
- Map out user flows and information architecture working with the product owners
- Adapt all UX flows into high-quality visual design, ready for implementation and review with engineers to make sure details are well documented and not missing
- Collaborate closely with our engineers to implement your designs
- Help us put in place a robust and sustainable design process in partnership with product owners/managers and engineers
- You will interview our clients, empathize with their needs and problems and design user flows and features to solve their biggest pain points
- Bring data and user feedback to continuously suggest improvements to make the product more usable and to include the end-user experience deeper in our design flow.
- Support the evolution of the Re:infer platform from a design perspective, ensuring consistency between our brand and product architecture
- Challenge us when you think we’ve picked the wrong problems to tackle.
- Clearly and concisely present various stages of interface design development to the rest of the company.
Skills and experience
Sorted from “essential” to “nice-to-have”
- You have well-rounded design skills and experience running projects end to end at a software startup. At least three years of experience, ideally in roles demonstrating leadership and ingenuity.
- You can work your way down from problem definitions and high-level concepts into specifications and sketches. You can create high-quality wireframes and work closely with our engineers to realize them.
- You can break down complex problems into simple and elegant UX flows. You stage your designs incrementally to allow users to immediately get more value out of the product.
- You are familiar with design patterns and UI libraries to create clear and visually appealing interfaces while also knowing when to add unique creative touches to stand out.
- You’re most motivated when breaking new ground -- our platform is a novel product category; There’s very little out there that solves the same problem and you'll have to be creative and think things through from first principles.