What we are looking for
As a machine learning research engineer you will take the lead in researching and improving our production ML models. We’re looking for people that love machine learning, are interested in the theory and assumptions behind the models, and are motivated to solve real world problems with techniques that are scalable, efficient and reliable in production.
What you'd be doing
Improving and building out Reinfer’s proprietary NLP models that solve intent recognition and entity extraction against vernacular, conversational text. Reading papers, proposing model improvements, implementing and testing new proposed models, and pushing the best ones to production. You’d be working alongside the CEO (PhD in ML), the CTO (ML engineer) and our CSO (Professor David Barber from UCL).
Skills and experience
- Ability to read an ML paper and implement the models (from publications like ICML/ICLR/NIPS).
- Experience building and testing ML models.
- Comfortable with core concepts from linear algebra, probability and statistics required in ML.
- Programming in Python.
- Deep Learning frameworks (e.g. Theano, TensorFlow, Torch).
- An undergraduate degree in a hard science, mathematics, signal processing or engineering.
- Significant time studying ML (eg MSc, PhD, or a LOT of self-study).
- Experience of solving Natural Language Processing problems.